Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Floating with Panthers" - new poetry and photography


Floating with Panthers

When the dark comes,
I let the black panther of night guide me
to a resting heartbeat.
Muscles slacken,
breathing becomes a whisper
and I float.

The night brings beginnings –
emerging, warped worlds.
Imagined triumphs with gold dusted spears
lead me to new levels
and ever-expanding circles –
jewel dream tornadoes.
The night brings
my feet to this place of mist
and the fractured real,
where birds land on my shoulder
and speak –
where I seek
and seek.

Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2012

This poetry overlay began as a writing prompt, "When the dark comes, I ..." I started with that one line, and then allowed myself to drift on a journey to where dreams go - to where the subconscious creates wondrous adventures for the sleeping body and the wakeful mind. This poem is my journey through a dreamland. What will your dream be tonight?

This poetry/photo combo is available as a fine art print, a gallery wrapped giclee and a full-sized greeting card at the Fine Art America site:



No comments: