Saturday, April 12, 2014

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 12

Today's prompt was to write a city poem.  I have lived in many cities.  My favorite big city to live in is London, UK.  Here is a narrative poem about our last trip to London with our two boys.  It was quite momentous for several reasons.  Our youngest has a special memory about Camden Town.



I Lost My Tooth
on a Double Decker Bus

He will always have this story.
On our way to Camden Town,
small, crowded shops line the river.
Snaking footsteps
wind in and out of doors.
The steam from food vendors,
rises in fragrant clouds,
invoking hunger.

From behind me I hear
a joyous shout.
“I lost another tooth!”
says our youngest.
Without the school nurse’s
plastic treasure chest on hand,
I carefully save the tooth
in a plastic bag.

The bus stops
for a new adventure.
A new smile takes it all in.

Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2014

No comments: