Monday, November 28, 2011

"You Were Meant for More" poetry & photography, Cristina M. R. Norcross





YOU WERE MEANT FOR MORE

Seek your passion,
play it out –
hold it in your hand
like the delicate bird
that it is,
and then let your soul’s
free flight dictate
where you will go next.

Sitting on the branch
is your regret,
your lack of courage,
your last try
that didn’t quite work.

But this is not you –
this is not the you
that was meant to flourish
and drink up the sun.

You were meant for greater things
than atrophy –
than ennui.
You were meant for life!

Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2011

2 comments:

Captured Reflections said...

I definitely needed this one today! Thanks ♥

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Holly! The energy that came to me when I wrote this poem is one that I try to return to often. If my determination every waivers, this poem reminds me that we are all meant to soar!