Friday, January 20, 2012

"You Are Loved" ~ What If You Could Change Someone's Day Just by Offering a Kind Word?

What if you could make someone smile and feel better about themselves by reminding them how special they are?

This poem that I wrote for a project I was working on a few years ago, became that poem for me, and it has become my "go-to" poem that I give out randomly, when I think the world needs a little more love.

I was invited to give a talk about poetry a couple of years ago for a school in Milwaukee, but was unable to attend, so I sent a box of these "You Are Loved" poems in my place, to let the students know that ~ they are loved.

This poetry postcard also goes out to any new member who joins the National Endometriosis Association. The Endometriosis Association provides support, information and educational materials about treatment for women who have been diagnosed with a painful reproductive condition called Endometriosis. I have had this illness since I was 18 and have had several surgeries over the years. I donated a box of these cards to help other women feel cared for and nurtured at a time when facing a chronic medical condition can be quite scary.

I hope you enjoy this poem too. We are all LOVE. We are all sacred. Be the Light that brings light to others.







YOU ARE LOVED

You are exquisitely made.
With a splash of deep purple at the edges,
and a vibrant center –
you shine.

Like the many layered hues
of a rhododendron
with blushing petals,
you have innate gifts –
both seen and unseen.

The wind whistles a melody,
encouraging the dance of galaxies.
In unison, all of nature
follows the same, beautifully orchestrated score,
and we float forward together.

In another time
you see the outline of this day
in all of its divinity.
You smile a perfect smile,
knowing that –
you are loved.


Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2008

NOTE: If you know of a non-profit organization that would like to have some poetry, I will be happy to send out these free poetry postcards for their members who need a little love and care. Find my "contact me" page at my website: www.FirkinFiction.com

No comments: