Friday, June 27, 2008

NEW POETRY: "Thank You, for this Day"

Thank you, for this Day


Instead of thinking,
I made it through another day –
I should be saying,
thank you, for this day.

The soul appreciates its progress
when each moment is savored.
The struggle comes
when we believe in the transitory –
when we honor the self’s sense of comfort.

True growth,
stems from an understanding
of our connections with others.
Golden threads appear
when hearts reach out,
forming a loving grid
of our human existence.

Today I saw a circle of pure gold
floating just above my eyes.
Everywhere I turned,
this loving globe attentively followed,
until I examined my thoughts,
and walked towards my higher consciousness.

I gently bowed my head in agreement,
eager to hear the whispers
of my gracious guide.
All she said was,
lead the way …



Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2008

No comments: