Thursday, April 17, 2014

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 17 / SHAZAM!

The writing prompt for today was to write a pop culture poem.  Abracadabra ... I'm back in the 80's with just a touch on my iPhone.



SHAZAM!

Shazam tells me I would like
Mumford and Sons,
So I ask Siri to bring up iTunes.
Greasy spoon?
Yes, the nearest greasy spoon
is on Main Street.
Is there anything else I can help you with?

When too lazy to put on my own music,
or find out which album has virtually
“Dropped,”
Sirius XM New Wave
brings back,
Every Day is Like Sunday,
or the refrain,
It’s the End of the World as We Know it.

I’m left with the bubble
of thinking that I’m still in the late 80’s –
a virtual music world –
when we still had vinyl,
and you could rewind a cassette tape
with the turn of a pencil.
Shazam!

Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2014




No comments: