Monday, April 28, 2014

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 28

Two more days to go!  I think I can ... I think I can.  Today's prompt was to write a "settled" poem, allowing for multiple interpretations of the the word ~ settle.  This is what danced in my jet-lagged brain today.  I hope it inspires something dream-like and true.

photography by Cristina M. R. Norcross, 2014 / Rydal Mount path, UK




We Hold the Golden Bowl

Alignment of bones,
muscles, thoughts –
meridians of energy connect
like blue lines for rivers on a map.
Life force flows –
it settles
but never dies.

White threads beam
from fingertips.
I am you
and you are me –
a synchronicity
of time and geography.
We drink the same drink.
We lift fork to mouth
with equal movements –
hand and elbow
bring luxury to lips.

Experience spins on an axis,
making merry-go-round stops.
Ride the horse.
Hold the reins.
Catch the brass ring –
then give it away
to the next rider –
the next dreamer.

I knock on your door –
hands holding a golden bowl
of rich, ripe fruit.
Here –
take one.
New fruit will appear
at the bottom.
Pick the choicest one.
Do not settle.

Cristina M. R. Norcross
Copyright 2014


No comments: